Job Posting - ION² Suspension Customer Care
The right person will be responsible of the show room, greet customers and sell suspensions and accessories. We are looking for an outgoing person that can translate their passion of mountain bike, snowmobile or dirt bike to customers. Someone highly organized and at ease to answer customers questions in person, over the phone, email or online. Look after fulfilling online orders and some other administration/marketing tasks. Training provided.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Sell suspensions and accessories
- Responsible of the showroom
- Look after customer for suspension service drop off and pick up
- Answer customers and fulfill orders in person, phone, email and online
- Provide great customer service
- Maintain the website and inventory (no coding knowledge necessary)
- Maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all safety regulations
- Do other administrative tasks like but not limited to: shipping receiving, data entry, other …
- Work with our social media platform, website and marketing.
- Good communication skills
- Great customer service
- Good general computer skills: emails, MS office, GSuite, Quickbooks
- Some ease to navigate to maintain website/ecommerce platform
- Good social medias skills
- Certification in marketing, business administration, accounting, tourism an asset
- Ability to work within a very fast paced environment, meet goals, and have fun with a very dynamic team
- Work well independently
- Accountable/responsible for your actions
- Passion about mountain bike, snowmobile and/or dirt bike an asset
- Some suspension knowledge is a plus
Key to success:
- Provide great customer service and genuinely care about customers
- Ensure timely and clear communication
- Keep a clean, well presented and full showroom
- Advise Manager of any problems or extra help needed on more technical areas
- Be empowered to ensure maximum fun & safe riding to our clients
Benefits: Competitive wage. Summer full time position (potential to continue later). Industry perks. Health Benefits. Training provided.
Location: Invermere, BC. Work in a friendly environment with other office person and tech skilled mechanics. Your playground just a step away from the shop. Work and play in the Columbia Valley (Canadian Rockies and Purcell Mountains).
Start Date: Around end of May / early June.
Applicants are asked to send their resume to Mylene Lefebvre at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.