EXT ERA V2
- HS3, Hybrid coil and air spring: with 2 adjustable positive air chambers and high volume negative chamber
- New Crown design: forged AL 7050 T6 to substantially increase stiffness
- High volume Cartridge with Ø22 mm piston, engineered circuit to separate bump and rebound oil flow
- HDRV unique compression valve system Ø24 mm piston
- IFP reservoir Ø24 mm piston
- Dropout 15QR Boost Torque Cap® compatible (15×110 mm)
- 3 way adjustable, Low and High speed Bump and Rebound
- Main strut low friction system: new DU bushing material from our WRC technology combined with dedicated EXT oil
- Cartridge and Air spring low friction System: innovative floating shaft guide combined with the EXT proprietary coating and superfinish chrome shaft.
New Era V2 features & upgrades
- New magnesium lowers: lighter and load-optimized designed obtained by Thixomolding process.
- Improved end-stroke devices for HS3 air-cartridge to increase reliability and smoothness even in harsh riding conditions
- New floatin-axle design: decoupling between hub dimension and fork-alignment for an improved sensitivity of the fork.
- Top up bump rubber and titanium plate to reduce noise of the ++ chamber
- Upgraded DU surface with Radial Lubrification Pocket “RLP” system and 3 backup channels to improve pump lubrication effect.
Weight: 2275 g (29” 170 mm with uncut steer tube, axle and lube)
– 130 mm
– 140 mm
– 150 mm
– 160 mm
– 170 mm
AVAILABLE WHEEL SIZE/OFFSET
– 29 inch
– Offset: 44 mm
Suspension is one part of a complex system, connected to the bike and directly to the rider. We took a new approach when designing the ERA V2 fork, looking at dynamic geometry, bringing together the needs of the bike and rider to offer the best performance to both.
The ERA V2 fork uses our HS3, hybrid air spring. Two positive air chambers work with one, high volume self activating negative air chamber. Combined with a high-volume damper cartridge this system offers incredible tuning capability and sets a new level for support in a suspension fork.
The Era V2 introduces features and upgrades that aims to improve the experience, safety and performance of the previous production.
At its core the Era V2 has the same configuration that made Era famous and appreciated: HS3 system, creak free crown, great mid stroke support, excellent stiffness and performance.
The Era V2 fork however has a new magnesium lower design that makes them lighter and load-optimized and it’s made possible by a specific production process called Thixomolding.
Other improvements are addressed to increase sensitivity, smoothness, lubrication and safety like the improved end-stroke devices for the HS3 system, the top up bump rubber and titanium plate that reduces noise on ++ chamber or the new DU design that grants better lubrication.
HS3 is focused on mid-stroke support around the dynamic sag position while offering amazing sensitivity and bottom out protection.
The air spring is complemented by an integrated coil spring to create a frictionless sliding movement and a highly responsive fork giving the best grip to the front tire.
New, patent pending, crown design that increases stiffness in all load directions and gives more riding precision.
We looked at everything that needed a low friction solution to improve smoothness and sensitivity, that took us to our motorsport heritage:
Developed in the World Rally Championship our new DU bushing material used in the magnesium Lower are sized to a defined tolerances for each fork assembly and works in harmony with our dedicated EXT oil and guarantees zero stiction and super low friction properties even when combined with high sideloads.
ERA V2 adopts an innovative Floating internal shaft guide in the damper cartridge uses a Superfinish shaft taking friction to the lowest possible level.
EXT high-volume cartridge uses a high flow piston to generate control for your bike, the ERA V2 is a performance upgrade for your bike and your riding. Like all EXT products the ERA V2 offers a fully tunable fork with a useable damping range for each rider and riding style.
Our new cartridge also introduces a new Bump valve design (HDRV – High Dynamic Response Valve) with 2 different shim stack for mid and high speed and an internal Floating Piston guided piston combined with a bespoke thrust bearing to enhance fast response and guidance.